CASS Short Course Programme 2012/13
Full details of the new CASS Short Course Programme for 2012/13 are now available from the CASS website at www.southampton.ac.uk/cass
The 2012/13 Programme includes courses on:
• How to Analyse Survey Data: Methods, Software and Applications (by Prof Danny Pfeffermann, Prof Patrick Sturgis, Dr Moshe Feder and Dr Dave Holmes)
• Questionnaire Design (by Dr Pamela Campanelli)
• Survey Data Analysis I: Introducing Descriptive and Inferential Statistics (by Dr Olga Maslovskaya and Dr Amos Channon)
• Survey Data Analysis II: Introduction to Linear Regression Modelling (by Dr Nikos Tzavidis)
• Applied Multilevel Modelling (by Dr Ian Brunton-Smith and Dr Gabriele Durrant)
• Regression Methods (by Dr James J Brown)
• Essentials of Survey Design and Implementation (by Dr Pamela Campanelli)
• Data Linkage: From Theory to Practice (by Dr Nathalie Shlomo)
• Mixing Modes of Data Collection for Survey Research (by Prof Mick P. Couper and Dr Annette Jaeckle)
• Structural Equation Modelling for Cross-Sectional and Panel Data (by Prof Patrick Sturgis and Dr Katy Sindall)
• Event History Analysis (by Dr Hill Kulu) (tbc)
Courses will be held in Southampton, Cardiff, Edinburgh and London.
For a course summary and details of dates and venues, please visit http://www.s3ri.soton.ac.uk/cass/programme.php
CASS (Courses in Applied Social Surveys) is a programme of short courses covering topics in survey design, data collection and data analysis methods. Courses are aimed at academic social scientists and applied researchers in government, market research and the independent and voluntary sectors. CASS is part of the ESRC National Centre for Research Methods.
Teaching is interactive and responsive to course participants’ needs. All courses include practical sessions or computer workshops to enable participants to put the learned methods into practice.
CASS regularly attracts international presenters and experts in their fields, such as staff from the US Joint Programme in Survey Methodology at the University of Maryland.
Please note that spaces are limited and early booking is recommended.
Your CASS team