Gear up to submit new research proposals and completed papers for the 2012 GDN Global Development Awards and Medals Competition (AMC). The Global Development Network is inviting researchers from developing countries and transition economies to submit proposals and completed papers. Here is your chance to receive up to US$ 30,000 as part of the Competition.
- Medals for Research on Development (Medals)for exceptional completed research papers
- Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development (ORD)for original, policy-relevant research proposals
Opportunities for Finalists and Winners:
- The top-ranked Medals finalists under each theme to present their papers at the plenary sessions in the14th Annual Global Development Conferenceto be held in Manila, The Philippines, in June 2013 (discussants and panelists will comprise well-established scholars/experts). Travel and stay will be funded by GDN
- The ORD finalists under each theme to present their proposals at the parallel sessions in the14th Annual Global Development Conference. Travel and stay will be funded by GDN
- Participate in a two-day training workshop before the Conference to enhance your research communications skills
- The winners will be chosen by an eminent jury at the Conference
Proposals and completed research papers are being invited for the following themes:
- Social Protection and Social Policies
- Inclusive Growth
Application Deadline: 11 March, 2013 (Indian Standard Time 6:00 PM)
To Apply: Please visit http://opa.gdn.int All applications and documents must be submitted electronically.
For queries related to the Competition, please write to us at: awards
For more details, please log on to 2012 Global Development Awards and Medals Competition
Watch what past winners have to say: http://vimeo.com/27619123
So get ready, and good luck!
Team Leader (Awards and Medals Competition)
Global Development Network
Second Floor, West Wing, ISID Complex
Plot No. 4, Vasant Kunj Institutional Area
New Delhi-110 070, INDIA
T: +91 11 4323 9494 / 2613 9494
Please circulate this email to institutions, colleagues and friends working on development issues who you feel may be interested in winning this award. Kindly disregard this email if you have received it before.